Wednesday 14 August 2013

Hi fellow bloggers....

Just a quickie today about my latest crafting exploits.  August Week 2 challenge on UKS was ...

At least 50% white space; machine, hand or faux stitching; punched or die-cut elements and at least 2 different papers and so here is my take on it....

I tortured my little niece, Eve to do some posing for me at the weekend and came up with one or two nice photos which will undoubtedly end up on future LO's.

I like the way this one turned out, although not sure about the doodled border but thought it was lacking something without it.




 Also did the same to her 'big brother' Jack, who was not best pleased but put up with me for a short time.  lol  Teenage kids do not like having their photos taken, especially the male of the species.





This months's Simple Recipe challenge took my fancy too, an interesting concept of very soft, washed out colours and lots of white and again a photo of my niece, Eve but this time a black & white one.  Here is a 'kit' I put together but I didn't use some of it but it gave me a good starting point.













And here is the finished layout.....






Hope you have fun looking at my crafty efforts and please leave a comment as it would give me a bit of encouragement with my blogging. 





3 comments:

  1. great layouts, I find white space to be very challenging! Fab photos too, well done on persuading them to pose ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, teen boys aren't keen on photos at all.
    Gorgeous layouts showing a pretty little muse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've made up a kit before starting your page - it's something I don't do and should. Lovely colours on your layout, perfect with the black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete